Please call 512-647-8424 with any questions.
If you are having a medical emergency, call 911.
Here at Body Traxx Chiropractic our concern has always been to our community and staff. New concerns have developed with the occurrence of the COVID-19 (Novel coronavirus). We are continuing with our cleanliness policy and will continue updating our procedures as needed.
As many of you know, Body Traxx Chiropractic is committed to affordable chiropractic care, with convenient hours and location. While we continue to monitor the protocols of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), along with our local health department, we will continue with our focus on you. Providing excellent chiropractic services helping your body perform at its best. (This is the best defense against any virus.)
The following has always been our procedure to ensure a healthy office:
- Ozone filtration of the air every night and over the weekend.
- Cleaning and disinfecting the office on a regular basis.
- Staff follows good respiratory hygiene (Cover mouth and nose with bent elbow or tissue when sneezing or coughing)
- Hand sanitizers placed at each adjusting station for ease of use.
- After each client interaction with the doctor, hand sanitizer or hand washing before seeing next client.
- If employee feels sick, stay home.
Additional procedure during this situation:
- After each client, chiropractic tables are wiped down with alcohol solution.
- Before entering the clinic, each person is scanned for fever or other symptoms of COVID-19 and not allowed to enter if suspected of infection.
- Only three clients are allowed in the office at a time. Family members living in the same household may all enter at the same time.
- Door handles to patient areas are wiped down with alcohol solution at beginning of day, noon and end of day
What you can do to help yourself and family
Routine hygienic measures are the suggested best practice for prevention of viruses like the coronavirus.
- Do your best not to live in fear or anxiety about the situation. Yes, it is a serious matter that requires our attention. However, it is important to note that when we get trapped in a fear response our immune systems shut down in favor of survival mechanisms, which actually further heighten our anxiety! Be wise and discerning about your lifestyle practices and choices, and trust you are doing what you can to keep yourself and your family safe.
- Fresh air is vital to healthy immunity –
make a point of getting outside, daily. Even as little as 10 to 15
minutes three times throughout the day will benefit you.
- Rest! Get plenty of sleep and rest.
- Take some time off, perhaps use this time for a
personal at-home retreat where you just enjoy some time spent away from work,
extra-curricular activities and the hustle and bustle of life. Walks in
nature, healthy dinners together with your family, board games, curling up with
a good book and limiting your social contact are all enriching ways to protect
yourself from community transmission.
- Increase your consumption of anti-oxidant and
nutrient-dense infection-fighting foods like: organic blueberries,
raspberries, spinach, sprouts, garlic, onions, ginger, parsley, cilantro, spirulina,
celery juice, bone broth and fermented foods and beverages.
- Drink lots of water. Drinking good quality water and
herbal teas are some of the best things you can do to flush out toxins from
your body and help support the immune system.
- Keep your immune system strong by reducing your sugar intake and eating a balanced diet. Avoid eating processed sugars. Sugar weakens the immune system and makes it less able to deal with viruses and bacteria. Be sure to read food labels carefully and to limit the amount of sugar you eat.